Hydrogen, Fuel Catalyst and Alternative Fuel Forum
June 24, 2017, 12:08:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: To view this Forum in another language - copy the address for this forum and visit http://www.microsofttranslator.com/Default.aspx?ref=IE8Activity - The entire Forum and all postings will be in the language of your choice.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: newbie with questions for the professionals  (Read 1937 times)
jason318

« on: August 14, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »

Huh Im really excited to get started on the generator. Fuel costs are killing me!! Ive already built a couple really small wet cells sucsessfully but Im thinking of building a dry cell (I think its called) to install on my truck. It looks to be an easier build. I have a few questions that Im not clear on. Ill throw them out there and hopefully you guys can steer me in the right path.
1. Ive read on other sites that some use stainless plates some have used aluminum.
2. if stainless what types can be used?
3. Does the stainless have to be non magnetic?
4. What to use for electrolyte: salt, baking soda, sodium something?
5. is the free download of a 4x4 drycell design that is available on this forum large enough to get optimum fuel mileage on a carbeurated v-8
6. Im not sure what the dryer is that i read about on this forum

Any information is greatly appreciated. Im ready to have this thing installed yesterday!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:03:38 PM by jason318 » Logged
fossell

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »

Huh Im really excited to get started on the generator. Fuel costs are killing me!! Ive already built a couple really small wet cells sucsessfully but Im thinking of building a dry cell (I think its called) to install on my truck. It looks to be an easier build. I have a few questions that Im not clear on. Ill throw them out there and hopefully you guys can steer me in the right path.
1. Ive read on other sites that some use stainless plates some have used aluminum.
2. if stainless what types can be used?
3. Does the stainless have to be non magnetic?
4. What to use for electrolyte: salt, baking soda, sodium something?
5. is the free download of a 4x4 drycell design that is available on this forum large enough to get optimum fuel mileage on a carbeurated v-8
6. Im not sure what the dryer is that i read about on this forum

Any information is greatly appreciated. Im ready to have this thing installed yesterday!
  HAHA good to see you excited   Smiley  and great questions  keep reading alot of the answers will be there you just need to take a deep breath and keep reading and you will learn alot more about the best stainless and the size of the plates and what and how the electroylte alters the amperage , how magnets may or may not affect the out put  Smiley its alot of reading i know i have been there to but it is worth it . a little reading now will save you alot of wasted money later  Wink

You know whats his name he got a new thingy mar jig for his what ya mar call it :-)
Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: