Hydrogen, Fuel Catalyst and Alternative Fuel Forum
June 24, 2017, 12:07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: **** There is a huge volume of information in this Forum and our statistics show each guest visiting is here for a great while...... If you are a member, the Avatar icons in the far left become darker and once you have read the info they become lighter. This will help you to identify what you have already read......... Become a member..... It costs you nothing and after all, this Forum was put here for you - I can guarantee you will get no spam using your email to register ****

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Question or Comment Here  (Read 64456 times)
james the leper

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »

What is the rating of the shunt? (30 amps 50mv or?)  What is the voltage at the Reactor?   What is the measured voltage per cell, by this I mean are they quite close to the same? 25 plate do you mean it has 4 stacks of 5 bipolar plates (N's)?   What is the max amps of the battery charger? 

I will have to get back to you, had to turn it off due to over heating of battery charger, the charger is rated at 20 amp,it didnt like being run full on, the battery is 45 amp.
Denny

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

Have something to say or ask and do not want to hand out your email address?

Use this posting or press the back button and submit a new subject - no registering required (this has changed due to continued spamming).

If you were to register you would be able to answer other postings in other parts of the forum. The only email contact you would receive would be occasional forum contact announcing some new finding. On average there has been one email from the Forum every three months.
jchamp

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »

Have something to say or ask?

You can either search out the relevant section of the forum for detailed questions or comments, or just throw a quickie here  :)Hi my name is james. just ordered a hho generator from e-bay and I need to know what else I need to make it work. ( HHO HYDROGEN GENERATOR Starter Cell 045 Unit & Basic Hook... the ball jar type. I have a 2007 chevy cobalt LS with a 2.2 eng. I don't know if I need a efie or some kind of power chip. Was very glad to find this site. Thanks for all the help you can give.
HaD87

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2012, 11:17:17 AM »

Good people off hho community, i need help!

I've built 7 plates dry cell, with 5 neutral plates. Effective area of plates is 5.4in x 4.2in. Electrolyte is made with NaOH. 200g of NaOH mixed with 1l of water.
Power supply is a car battery connected to a charger.
My problem is, that i can't get more than 0.5lpm. Cell is running for hours now, it doesn't heat, volts between plates are from 1.9v to 2.0v... It takes no more than 6amp...
What am i doing wrong? Why can't i get 1lpm? And why it doesn't take more than 6amp?
Please, help! I really wish to make this thing work as it should.
myoldyourgold

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2012, 12:00:29 AM »

I suspect your battery charger.  You need a charger that can put out at least 50 amps to work.  I use a battery charger and a large battery but the charger can put out 100 amps.  If you have a battery charger that puts only 10 amps that could be your problem.   Use some jumper cables and hook it up to your car with it running and I think you will see a difference.  If not let us know and I will give you some tests to see if we can solve the problem.   The other thing you can do is add another 100g more of NaOH.   Lots of people are using 400 plus grams per liter. 

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha
HaD87

« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2012, 02:11:26 AM »

My battery charger puts exactly 10amps Smiley so, that's the problem. Ok, then i'll head to search for new charger and then i'll see. Thanks!
myoldyourgold

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2012, 06:51:13 AM »

Before you spend the money on a larger battery charger, I suggest you try the other things first.  For one the car runs at 13.8 Volts to 14 volts and that makes a big difference.   Hooking up the reactor with battery cables to the car battery with the car running will show you that there is not some other problem if the amps go up.  The other was to increase your electrolyte by 100 grams and if the amps do not go up then it is more likely to be the battery charger.   I just do not want anyone to unnecessarily spend more money where it is not needed. 

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

HaD87

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2012, 02:14:46 PM »

Thanks, I was planing to do that. Firstly to check it like that, then if it's to charger, to take one, cos i want to do more stuff with HHO. Not just to put it in car Smiley
james the leper

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »

Ok ive just added a 13 plate generator 200mm * 200mm square to my existing 25 plate 150mm * 100mm, the 25 plate was producing a little 0.6 LPM ive now added a larger unit as well as the existing unit and i am now getting 0.5 LPM ?!

Cant figure that out, so if anyone has any ideas please tell.

I have a 28% mix ratio and i am pulling 36mv via a shunt 75mv at 50amp. I also have a 30 amp PWM connected which i have cranked right up, (i am expecting the fuse to blow).

I intend to change the Mix incase i miscalculated, other than that i have no idea, any comments appreciated.

video shows the set up

http://youtu.be/55ixzr1b92Y

james the leper

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »

watch this video for engine set up.

http://youtu.be/b9xbVv3Igvg
D.O.G.

« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »

watch this video for engine set up.

http://youtu.be/b9xbVv3Igvg
Jim,
I replied on that other forum in regards to voltage drop, but hadn't watched your video at that time.
The simplest explanation might be that you have a gas leak. You've got a lot of extra connections now, and I've read posts of people complaining about gas leaks around the lid of reservoirs like yours.

Just a thought. Tongue

watchitburn47

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2012, 01:42:17 AM »

I'm a CNG/CSA certified technician, and i have been doing a lot of natural gas conversions lately, due to high demand for lower cost fuel. I'm new to the forum, and am planning on building, an HHO. I am a machinist, and obviously have access to all the necessary tools to be able to build, a great HHO Generator. I was wondering where i should start? Dry Cell? Wet Cell? However i have a few ways in which i can implement the HHO into the intake manifold, and plenum, to create a more efficient gas delivery system, one of which i have never seen on any of these threads, i was wondering if any of you here had any ideas for me or any suggestions you would like to see done?
Dutchy78

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »

Hi all, I am very new to the HHO scene, been reading about it for a few weeks now, finding it hard to get out of my head and go to sleep at night hehe. Anyone tried it on a diesel? Nearly all the docs/videos so far all feature petrol engines. I own a 2,5L turbo diesel 4x4 and wondering what would work best for that?
Dutchy78

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2012, 03:11:06 AM »

whats your opinion on how many amps to draw before the alternator has to work too hard to make a difference?
fossell

« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »

I'm a CNG/CSA certified technician, and i have been doing a lot of natural gas conversions lately, due to high demand for lower cost fuel. I'm new to the forum, and am planning on building, an HHO. I am a machinist, and obviously have access to all the necessary tools to be able to build, a great HHO Generator. I was wondering where i should start? Dry Cell? Wet Cell? However i have a few ways in which i can implement the HHO into the intake manifold, and plenum, to create a more efficient gas delivery system, one of which i have never seen on any of these threads, i was wondering if any of you here had any ideas for me or any suggestions you would like to see done?
You have got me thinking can a engine run on hho like it runs on lpg? if it can can it be supplied to the engine the same way ?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:18:25 PM by fossell » Logged

You know whats his name he got a new thingy mar jig for his what ya mar call it :-)
fossell

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2012, 12:11:39 AM »

whats your opinion on how many amps to draw before the alternator has to work too hard to make a difference?
Opinion huuuum   well what is the size of motor, size of alternater,size of battery ??if it is used at all & how  heavey are the wire,s being used  Huh Huh Roll Eyes Huh  MY OPINION   Wink  It can be worked out useing a maths formula what that is i don't know

You know whats his name he got a new thingy mar jig for his what ya mar call it :-)
fossell

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2012, 07:29:53 PM »

iv been reading and reading and its getting that way that one person says one thing and then some one learns a new way to do this or that  Roll Eyes its very confusing for new people to this forum (my opinion only so far) i under stand that there is allot of info here but is there any way to decifer it and get the best at the moment  i dont mean to say buy this brand or that brand no but from what im reading dri cell is putting out the best HHO lpm (yes i know thAT some say they use both dri and wet cell tech yeeer) but i came on to this forum hopeing to learn what is getting the best out put for average jo blo in the street i have been thinking about useing HHO for a while many years and so far from looking at this forum it has not progressed much i want to use this technology but every were i look or read there seams to be brick walls .  could the forum do some kind of test of all the people using HHO at the moment and what out put they are getting lpm and then lets gather all the data and see witch one is working the best and that way we will all know what is the best at that date and can start to improve from that point if we want or if we are happy with that out put than we can build a system the same useing ow own parts or parts bought from a suppler
 OK hope this is read with compassion i believe in HHO and helping others get cheaper fuel alternatives just like it made useing the old (KISS) system 

james the leper

« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »

I was about to have my pump retarded by one degree, but then thought, doesn't the fuel have to be reduced to match the increase in hho supply. Not knowing how that is done, are the two done at the same time and as i understand i have to caliberate the fuel mix, so this would mean a number of adjustments to the fuel. What is the procedure? do i get the pump altered one degree and see how it goes, or alter the fuel mix at the same time. I need to explain this to my mechanic, so if anyone can give me a procedure that he would understand, i would appreciate it. thanks jim
fossell

« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2012, 05:03:13 AM »

I was about to have my pump retarded by one degree, but then thought, doesn't the fuel have to be reduced to match the increase in hho supply. Not knowing how that is done, are the two done at the same time and as i understand i have to caliberate the fuel mix, so this would mean a number of adjustments to the fuel. What is the procedure? do i get the pump altered one degree and see how it goes, or alter the fuel mix at the same time. I need to explain this to my mechanic, so if anyone can give me a procedure that he would understand, i would appreciate it. thanks jim
Altering the pump timing  dos not alter the amount of fuel it just changes When the fuel is injected . HHO changes the way the fuel burns . Depending on a number of thing.s "Condition of Injectors, and Motor, and Pump, and the Weather "and a lot more , But your main aim is to improve on what you are all ready getting fuel wise and power.  HHO when added to the fuel will alter the way it burns so by changing the timing of when it is injected  (may) can improve power . Do some more reading on here . and get your mechanic to read up about HHO and how it alters the Fuel Burn Time . (If he doesn't want too  Roll Eyes Get a new mechanic but that's my own opinion) Grin

myoldyourgold

« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.  This is why there are so many different posts that seam to contradict each otherr.  Here is a some of basics in regards to diesels.   Volume of HHO injected dictates, if you retard, how much you retard or how much leaning you do in a diesel or other fuels for that matter.  Leaning on most mechanical diesel pumps is not easy and requires you to remove the pump and take it to a shop that has the right equipment and knowledge.  To revert back to stock requires the same thing or just to make some changes, and this can get very costly.  EFI diesels require programing or a add-on controller but can be reversed or changed a lot easier.  The small amounts of HHO being injected by most require no retarding but gains will be limited but still quite worth it when done right.  To require retarding you need to inject more than 4% of the total volume of air being used by the engine but not always there are exceptions.  To exceed the 4% is a large amount of HHO.  Here is the exception.  In my testing I have found that under the right conditions other things are happening in some HHO reactors and in the compression stroke that make it necessary to retard even with small amounts of HHO.  This needs to be tested much more and maybe we can discover what is happening and why.  Normally with .5-1 LPM of HHO per Liter of engine size or less, in a diesel, one dose not need any retarding.  Leaning is totally a different ball game and I will not advise it on a mechanical pump, unless you have a very good HHO system that is reliable, and know exactly what you are doing.  Leaning also requires a lot more HHO which comes with another set of problems.  Keep it simple and do not expect to get 200 MPG.  LOL 

Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.