Hydrogen, Fuel Catalyst and Alternative Fuel Forum
December 14, 2017, 09:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: To view this Forum in another language - copy the address for this forum and visit http://www.microsofttranslator.com/Default.aspx?ref=IE8Activity - The entire Forum and all postings will be in the language of your choice.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Question or Comment Here  (Read 70794 times)
HaD87

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »

Quick question: How would silicone react with electrolyte? And can i use it as a gasket for dry cell?

On this type of silicone i meant.
Thanks!
myoldyourgold

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »

Have not tried that product but doubt it will work.  The problem is more than holding up in the electrolyte which is a problem with normal silicone.  The problem is to have equal spacing that stays equal under all conditions.  EPDM is quite cheap and works well. 

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha
james the leper

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »

Do you have to retard an engine if you wish to run it on HHO, ive read about flash back on the small honda engine,(ie 2 sparks on 360 rotation), however, i am sure i read somewhere on the forum the engine had to be retarded, if so cant undestand why, or am i reading to much and getting mixed up?
PDJ
Say NO to high fuel prices.....
Administrator

There is a lot you can do with Water!

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 10:19:10 PM »

If you have a pre 1996 engine with a carburettor instead of a fuel injection system you will find that introducing hydrogen into the combustion chamber will enhance combustion and make it happen faster.

The problem here is if it happens too soon it could actually decrease the power of the engine and decrease your economy. (something to do with early firing the piston before it reaches the full up and starts the down power stroke). Making the spark arrive a little later fixes this.

The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity
james the leper

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 02:45:12 AM »

Im no mechanic, so ive just been reading about firing in the cylinder and the flame front, and got a few questions and statements which i would appreciate a second opinion. thanks jim

If you introduce the hho to the engine, (this is to run it on just HHO), is the best place to take it through the float chamber on the carburater ?

If i put it through the air inlet, surely this would make the throttle work incorrectly?

So, i had an lpg car which used a diaghram throttle system, if i bypassed/ removed the carburater would the lpg throttle work on its own ?
D.O.G.

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »

Im no mechanic, so ive just been reading about firing in the cylinder and the flame front, and got a few questions and statements which i would appreciate a second opinion. thanks jim

If you introduce the hho to the engine, (this is to run it on just HHO), is the best place to take it through the float chamber on the carburater ?

If i put it through the air inlet, surely this would make the throttle work incorrectly?

So, i had an lpg car which used a diaghram throttle system, if i bypassed/ removed the carburater would the lpg throttle work on its own ?
Item 1: No. Grin The float chamber and jets of a carby are designed to give you a 14.7:1 mix of air and fuel, using a liquid fuel. I haven't actually tried running on straight HHO, but I'm guessing you don't want all that extra air in the combustion chamber, it's already at it's perfect mix of 2:1.

Item 2: No.  Grin The carby slide or butterfly (depending on the carby construction) works as a valve to control air/fuel feed. If it's removed as some systems I've read about, you still need some sort of metering device for the HHO.

Item 3: No.  Grin At least not on the LPG system I had in a previous vehicle. From memory it used the vacuum after the butterfly to determine how far to open the mixing valve (diaphram).

Pete.

myoldyourgold

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »

For running a small engine on just HHO I suggest you go to school on this guy.

http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=449.0

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

james the leper

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »

Just fitted a new system, a dry cell, works fine, but just not getting the results i am expecting, i have made the mix to pull 18 amps, which the manufacturer recommends.

haven't yet measured LPM, but will do at weekend as dark nights are here, and i have only run half a tank of diesel (40 liters/ 6 gall ish), what i have noticed is that the vehicle i have has a turbo inter-cooler on, so the configuration is such that the air intake is attached to the turbo and then a cooler attached to the turbo also, does this affect the results i should expect? or am i being a bit impatient?
myoldyourgold

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »

James, Please give us the details of the vehicle and engine.  We should then be able to assist more accurately. 

james the leper

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2011, 11:39:40 PM »

its a nissan terrano 2.7 deisel turbo intercooler 4 wheel drive 1996, hope that helps
myoldyourgold

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »

James, I guess we will now need to know more detailed information about the reactor you are using. Pictures would be good too.  The absolute max HHO your generator could be making I suspect, with out knowing more about it, is 1.2 LPM.  You should at least feel a little difference when the reactor is turned on possibly in performance or sound.  Exhaust should be clean too.  You will need to double the out put.  I take it that this engine has a mechanical pump, not electronic fuel injection and if you can after increasing the output (might require another reactor) retard the pump injection timing by not more than 1.5.  To much and you will have starting problems and loss of power.  The inter-cooler might effect the quality of HHO but I doubt it because it will be so diluted with air by then that there should be no problem.  Exactly where are you injecting?

james the leper

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »

This is the reactor i have bought, the rest of equipment is from previous cells

http://www.greenfuelh2o.com/HHO_on_demand_system_p/gfx1-13p.htm

As for photos, i will have to do that this weekend, i have injected the hho as near to the engine as possible, i have noted better acceleration, dont know about retarding the pump sounds a beyond my capabilities.

How would i know if it is electronic fuel injection?

i will take some photos this weekend when it is light, which will probably give you a better idea of the set up. thanks jim
myoldyourgold

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

OK, now we just about have all the pieces.  The last bet of information is going to require you to test the amount of gas being produced.  Bottle test will do.  This is just a relative test.  Just need to know how many watts is being used per liter.  Unfortunately the quality/potency of  gas will be something we will not be able to check.  Just this one thing makes the difference between a gain and no gain in some cases. 

james the leper

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2011, 06:25:27 AM »

ok tested LPM did it 3 times all giving 0.75 lpm at 18 amps. have also film to, cant get photos or film on. god knows how its done?
james the leper

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2011, 06:45:07 AM »

ok heres a link for my u tube video,first time ive done this so hope it works

If it does, ill talk you through it as i didnt talk on it, first up is the generator, above can be seen the 50 amp shunt, after that it takes you to the return bubbler from there it goes out the top to a dryer to take out any moisture, from there into another bubbler filled with hydraulic oil, (dont know thats safe, but would prefer oil than water condensation going into engine), out of that bubbler through a flash back arrester into the end of the air inlet.

http://youtu.be/GbCJFc-ArSk

james the leper

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2011, 06:54:41 AM »

Ive also built a PWM yet to be fitted, my concerns are that it will overheat and melt the box ive put it in, plus not sure if will improve my LPM, anyway have a look see what you think.

https://picasaweb.google.com/leaper.jameskay/PWM?authuser=0&feat=directlink
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:06:32 AM by james the leper » Logged
myoldyourgold

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2011, 10:06:15 AM »

The install looks good!  Make sure the filter/separator is not grounded to any metal.  You can safely run this reactor at 25 amps and you should see some improvement then, but really not enough gas.  It should make 1 lpm at 25 amps.   If the PWM will not handle the amps then run it without and just get the concentration of the electrolyte right.  Watch the temperature as you up the amps.  Keep in under 130 F.  You ideally need 2.5 lpm for maximum benefit.  You really need a bigger reactor that will handle more amps thus producing more HHO.   

james the leper

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »

Filter/seperator not sure which part you mean, can you explain?
myoldyourgold

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »

Simply any device that has metal that the HHO touches must not be grounded. 

james the leper

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2011, 12:06:24 AM »

im sure everything that touches the hho is insulated thanks jim
james the leper

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2011, 06:23:34 AM »

Bench testing power supplies.

Ive set everything up to test on the bench to test a PWM, however the power supply is no good, can anyone recomend what to get and where,( we dont have radio shack over here, the best thing is maplin or e bay),thanks jim?
myoldyourgold

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »

The cheapest power supply is a 100 amp battery charger and a large 12V battery.  The battery charger should be an old type that does not have any smarts.  How this works is with the battery charger on, charging the battery, with the reactor hooked up to the battery, you will get the added voltage 13-14 Volts and you can draw up to 100 amps or more from the battery/battery charger.  This will be very similar as in a vehicle running at 13.8 volts.  You have to be careful that on extended use you are not overcharging the battery.  You have to be taking out at least what you are putting in.  Some batteries charge up to 12.7 volts.

hhoconnection

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »

I have a good source for bench-top power supplies/ battery chargers. I can get them in 35, 45, 55, 75, and 100 amp versions. Here is a link to the 75 amp version and a link to a video where I am using it for a torch setup:

http://www.powermaxconverters.com/#/pm3-75/4551112141

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lEXocd1BM

I don't have them for sale on my website yet but I can get them for you now if you want one. The 75 amp models are $159 plus $14 shipping. Just let me know if you want me to order you one (that applies to anyone on this forum).

Fossil Fuel is Dinosaur Technology
Visit us at http://www.hhoconnection.com
HaD87

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »

Hi! I'm sure it's written somewhere, but i can't find it:) So, i need a quick answer on a tinny question:) How much of NaOH i should put per liter of water? I've built dry cell, and i want to try it tomorrow, but i can't find how much NaOH i need:) It's 7 plates (+nnnnn-) dry cell.
Please help:)
D.O.G.

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 08:31:28 PM »

Hi! I'm sure it's written somewhere, but i can't find it:) So, i need a quick answer on a tinny question:) How much of NaOH i should put per liter of water? I've built dry cell, and i want to try it tomorrow, but i can't find how much NaOH i need:) It's 7 plates (+nnnnn-) dry cell.
Please help:)
Maximum concentration is 20% by weight.
This means 1 part of NaOH to 4 parts water, ie: 200 grams NaOH + 800 grams (800ml) of water.

If you are using a PWM, it's OK going to maximum concentration, then controlling the current draw (amps) with the PWM.
This is useful if there's a chance of the system freezing where you live.

If possible freezing isn't an issue for you and/or you don't use a PWM, there's no need to run maximum concentration, just add enough NaOH to draw your desired current with the generator warmed up.
If you aren't sure how much that is, see my reply under the title "worrying" (Off Topic Discussions)  from yesterday.

Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.