Hydrogen, Fuel Catalyst and Alternative Fuel Forum
December 12, 2017, 01:11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ..... If you find the information in this Forum useful, please consider giving a small donation to help us keep this site going .....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Can we seperate on Dry Cell the Hydrogen and Oxygen?  (Read 22314 times)
karmagos

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 10:22:40 PM »

Myoldyourgold please explain me, Bill Williams has been seperate the hydrogen and the oxygen with different outway of gaskets per side?

Also what is your problem of the oxygen sensor?
myoldyourgold

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 10:52:39 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wUg53epmzM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wUg53epmzM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPeq-LRIMbw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPeq-LRIMbw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5jmTwJEV4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5jmTwJEV4</a>

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha
karmagos

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 06:19:19 AM »

Ok I understand the way that seperate the two gas, but I still miss understand which is the role of the membrane.
myoldyourgold

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 09:49:11 AM »

The membrane allows the ions to move through but when the pressure is equal on each side of the membrane it keeps the hydrogen and the oxygen from moving through.  The oxygen and the hydrogen stay separated, on either side of the membrane, and move out their respective ports.  
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:51:03 AM by myoldyourgold » Logged

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

karmagos

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »

Where can I buy this kind of sells?
HHOPWR

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »

Carter, Correct me if I am wrong here. I beleive that this guys membrane is Nylon. Nylon is not an ion carrier. That is why Nafion is used in fuel cells as the membrane. It is an ion carrier so the power can flow without mixing water and gas in the cell. Nylon is allowing electrolyte to actually come in contact from both sides. It is a decent but not perfect barrier for the gas. It just kind of deflects the gas into its correct port. If the pressure in not equal on both the Hydrogen and Oxygen ports the gas will flow through the Nylon and mix. If nafion is used as the membrane the device will work even with huge pressure differences. Neither the gas or water can pass through Nafion. I was going to build a splitter cell using Nafion but gagged on the price. It is HUGE money and Dupont still controls the patent. I have even seen one guy use landscape cloth from Home Depot. It worked reasonably well until there was a slight pressure difference.

Larry
myoldyourgold

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »

Carter, Correct me if I am wrong here. I beleive that this guys membrane is Nylon. Nylon is not an ion carrier. That is why Nafion is used in fuel cells as the membrane. It is an ion carrier so the power can flow without mixing water and gas in the cell. Nylon is allowing electrolyte to actually come in contact from both sides. It is a decent but not perfect barrier for the gas. It just kind of deflects the gas into its correct port. If the pressure in not equal on both the Hydrogen and Oxygen ports the gas will flow through the Nylon and mix. If nafion is used as the membrane the device will work even with huge pressure differences. Neither the gas or water can pass through Nafion. I was going to build a splitter cell using Nafion but gagged on the price. It is HUGE money and Dupont still controls the patent. I have even seen one guy use landscape cloth from Home Depot. It worked reasonably well until there was a slight pressure difference.

Larry you are right the ripstop nylon is just a fine woven nylon.  If the pressure is not equal there will be some bleed over.  No one can afford the Nafion.  In a vehicle it is never like it is on the bench.  Pressure must be the same at all times in the bubblers.  Even with a crossover pipe when the vehicle is on a slant/bump/changing one could have more pressure because of the liquid moving by gravity or even centrifugal force or what ever and changing the pressure for a short time until things equalize.  I am not confident that this is a solution yet.  It is close but still some more development needs to be done before one could guarantee no bleed over.  On the bench it works fine and I can see the use for cooking or heating applications but not in a vehicle with out further development.  I am trying to solve that problem but am not there yet.  It is going to require a much more sophisticated dry filter with some kind of pressure monitoring system, electrical or otherwise.     

myoldyourgold

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »

Here is an interesting thing.  If you inject the oxygen at least 3 to 4 inches away form the the hydrogen the computer is able to handle it without an EFIE in most cases if it is not excessive.  Now because of that if there is a little bleed over at times then there is no problem as long as you are not trying to compress or hold any quantity in reserve for use when accelerating or just letting the O2 escape into the engine compartment.  I did not mean to say it would not work in my prior post but just wanted all to know that it is not pure oxygen or hydrogen.  To be safe I would treat both the oxygen and the hydrogen as if they were HHO when using this system in a vehicle. 

Now why the computer does not have as much problem when you are injecting the same product (HHO) but separated and at different points is interesting.  The farther apart they are the better.  I have some ideas but no definite answer.   

nst6563

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

If injecting the separate gases at different locations enables the ecu to handle it, what are the results of adding the gas further away from the throttle body in the intake system? Someplace inside the airbox before the airfilter?
myoldyourgold

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »

If injecting the separate gases at different locations enables the ecu to handle it, what are the results of adding the gas further away from the throttle body in the intake system? Someplace inside the airbox before the airfilter?

Injecting both gases (HHO) farther away from the throttle body does not seem to have the effect we are looking for.  I started to do some tests on that but got side tracked because I found that injecting as close to the throttle body as possible or just below it worked much better as far as power and mileage but required manipulating the mixture or the ECU in order not to throw a code.  On carburetor vehicles it worked extremely well when injected just before the throttle or just after it.  It is not totally unreasonable to think that it might work farther away but I do not think so.  What I think is happening is that the O2 sensor is reading an excess of O2 and then a lack of O2 very close together (or something like that) so that it does not get up set when they are injected apart from each other.  The average seems to stay within the maps range but only if not to much is injected.  I really have no way of checking it but might show up in your data logging. 

When the two gases are together and injected further away the mixing with the incoming air has a much longer time to get really mixed together and thus making it one and not the possibility of not being completely mixed together in each and every charge that gets into the combustion chamber.  This is all untested and even I can shot some holes in this theory but the results do tend to support it.   It seems that some charges have more O2 than others but the average is within the range.  I am still doing some testing but the test vehicles are all out of state and I only have access to them 2 or 3 times a year so it takes a lot of time to make changes and collect the data.  There could be some other reasons and most likely is. 

Otto

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 02:08:49 PM »

(Sorry a liittle off the subject)  Carter, I have my HHO piped into the airbox/filter on my 1993 diesel truck. Are you saying that it would be advantages if I piped it in closer on the intake?
Thanks,
Otto
myoldyourgold

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 03:34:27 PM »

Carter, I have my HHO piped into the airbox/filter on my 1993 diesel truck. Are you saying that it would be advantages if I piped it in closer on the intake?
Thanks,

Otto, there are a couple things to take into consideration. One is if your bubbler/filter has scrubbed all the electrolyte out or at least 98% then you could move it to just above the throttle body.  If your gas is not very clean then it should go through the air filter and get cleaned a little more.  I think the reason it does better closer to the throttle body is because it has less time to get diluted by the incoming air if that is even possible.  Just my opinion.  Farther away the more time and available air it has to mix with.  Remember we are injecting such a little compared to what is actually going into the engine.  When I say a little I mean Hydrogen.  People seem to thing the the O and H that we inject stay together making a perfect mixture but that is not the case.  It all gets mixed up and it is conceivable that some of the O gets wasted not being near an H or what ever to help the burn.  That is another subject.  Anyway tests show that the closer you can get it to the throttle body the better it is.  The risk is that you miss going through the air cleaner and getting some or all of the remaining electrolyte cleaned out.  I suspect the farther away your are from the throttle body  the more you could inject and the closer the opposite.   Testing is on going so I do not have all the answers but hopefully will sooner than later. 

regpye

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »

Why would you want to do that?

Most people are using hydroxy gas to give an improvement in their car economy, but this has some disadvantages.
Hydroxy gas is a perfect mixture of hydrogen and oxygen that makes water when ignited.
Some of the hydrogen combines with the fuel that is being used and helps with the engine performance. That leaves some oxygen left, and this is what causes the problem.
The car computer senses the extra oxygen in the exhaust and adjusts the fuel mixture to compensate, making the fuel now too rich.
To overcome this problem an EFIE is used to fool the computer by making the oxygen reading appear to be less.
This in most countries is illegal, and it also has a down side too, if the EFIE is not adjusted correctly or too much, damage can occur in the engine due to running too lean (not enough fuel)

To overcome all these problems I designed the separation cell.
This cell produces the hydrogen  and oxygen gases separately, and keeps them separate.
The oxygen we do not want, so we let it go back into the atmosphere.
The hydrogen now combines with more fuel and alters the carbon structure to give more power, burn quicker and completely, reducing the pollutants and giving a saving in fuel economy.
Because there is no extra oxygen introduced, there is no need for an illegal EFIE device, no risk of damage to the engine and less gas is required due to the being no oxygen to rob the hydrogen from the fuel mix.
We have found that the system can be run best at between 15-20 amps, so there is less strain put on the alternator to produce the needed electricity, and also less strain on the engine to run the alternator.  Some have even reported better results on less amperage.
Also we have found that a weak electrolyte is better to use as well, we use 1 teaspoon to 1 litre of water, this works very well with a titanium cathode plate and stainless steel anodes.

So there is a huge difference.
To start with hho is explosive while hydrogen burns.
HHO systems require an illegal EFIE to be fitted to fool the vehicle computer, due to the additional oxygen present. This is not only illegal, it can damage your engine due to running lean.
HHO systems require a flashback arrestor, many of them do not work well enough, hydrogen doesn't need that.
Hydrogen works better for emission control than HHO, our tests prove that.
Not as much hydrogen is needed compared to HHO, we have had very good results on the test vehicle (Mitsubishi Manga over 15 years old) in both fuel savings and emissions reductions.

Watch the videos on the website to see even more about the system we have, all the tests are there and all the results.
http://www.hho-research.com.au

Some say it can't be done, but we are doing it.
regpye

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2011, 04:40:02 PM »

Farrah, Dr. D's reactor is more like the high school Lab demo, but is one of the few that has CARB (California Air Research Board) approval.  His original version does work but based on what I have heard didn't do much more than clean up the exhaust.  The new one does not have approval yet and who knows what it is really producing.  A simple Dry Cell will give you the same results.  He is a real sales man.  LOL  It is a patented product so do not know what material his electrodes are made out of.  I doubt that it is producing what they are claiming but do not know that for a fact.  He paid Bob Boyce to give him some help in the beginning.   There is a lot of interesting history behind all of this which I refuse to touch with a ten foot pole. 

For the best information on a splitter reactor check out Vipond50 ( this is correct and not what I posted before) on Youtube.  He is the one of the first that has published and developed it in the public domain.  Bill Williams has been around this stuff for longer than most.  My membrane is made out of Nylon Rip Stock the same as his.  As long as the reservoirs are connected so pressure is balanced there is no bleed over and can be demoed.    There has been many many hours of testing.  I have no experience with silk screen material.  It might work just as well but looking at the video he will have some bleed over because of the uneven pressure in the reservoirs. Bill does not have that problem and clearly shows you how to do it.  This is caused by, as you said, twice as much hydrogen to oxygen.   The reservoirs have to be balanced or it does not work and could be dangerous if someone tried to compress it and it had enough o2 in it.  Believe me it can happen and cause you some grief.  I should know. LOL 

Bill is not the only one that has been working on separation.
Much work has been done in Australia too, and Bill and I have shared ideas and findings.
As for the membrane, Ripstop has limitations, it is a multi-strand cloth that when wet will expand greatly making the membrane become loose.
A better membrane material is mono-filament polyester mesh (we use 165T, that is 165 threads per cm) This mesh will not expand and can be heat shrunk during assembly to make it tight as a drum.

See the video below of one of our cell assemblies;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WUhUFNZY3A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

There are many videos on my website that show the cells working, building and testing.
Also many tests including emissions are available to see as well.

myoldyourgold

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 10:13:52 AM »

Some of the hydrogen combines with the fuel that is being used and helps with the engine performance. That leaves some oxygen left, and this is what causes the problem.

What evidence do you have to prove this and how much does not get combined?

What happens to the other gases that are created?  How are they split?

Why are you able to get increased savings by adding back some O or all in some cases?

My splitter reactor was developed some 4 years ago and I found that non of the materials including mono-filament polyester mesh was fool proof.  Not only that the 3 tank solution also is not fool proof in some circumstances (hard cornering, steep off center inclines, bumps. etc.).  Not that it will cause a huge problem but it does give the computer a problem in some cases.   No membrane or 3 tank etc. system that has the possibility of leakage will be approved by CARB or EPA which makes the whole product illegal because it alters the fuel system.  Luckily it is not enforced everywhere.   

The end results of a splitter reactor with properly split H and O has not been proven to achieve better results than HHO with the added illegal electronics.  I say this not running down the splitter because I myself see that it is a viable option and is why I have spent so much time on developing a more reliable system that does not have the bleed through problem under any circumstances.  The main advantages is that you can do away with the illegal  electronics but in doing so you also might have to give up some gains.  There is also a margin of additional safety when the gases are completely separated.

Bill was the first to publicly promote and open source the splitter, at least to my knowledge, but by no means the first to develop a splitter reactor.

regpye, I must commend you on your effort and your promotion of the splitter.  I have followed your work for sometime.   I have not published any of mine because it is included in my patent application soon to be filed.   Once accepted and published it can be copied for personal use.   The reactor is totally different from what you and others are making but of course uses some of the same principles which of course are not patentable.         

regpye

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »

What evidence do you have to prove this and how much does not get combined?

What happens to the other gases that are created?  How are they split?

Why are you able to get increased savings by adding back some O or all in some cases?

My splitter reactor was developed some 4 years ago and I found that non of the materials including mono-filament polyester mesh was fool proof.  Not only that the 3 tank solution also is not fool proof in some circumstances (hard cornering, steep off center inclines, bumps. etc.).  Not that it will cause a huge problem but it does give the computer a problem in some cases.   No membrane or 3 tank etc. system that has the possibility of leakage will be approved by CARB or EPA which makes the whole product illegal because it alters the fuel system.  Luckily it is not enforced everywhere.   

The end results of a splitter reactor with properly split H and O has not been proven to achieve better results than HHO with the added illegal electronics.  I say this not running down the splitter because I myself see that it is a viable option and is why I have spent so much time on developing a more reliable system that does not have the bleed through problem under any circumstances.  The main advantages is that you can do away with the illegal  electronics but in doing so you also might have to give up some gains.  There is also a margin of additional safety when the gases are completely separated.

Bill was the first to publicly promote and open source the splitter, at least to my knowledge, but by no means the first to develop a splitter reactor.

regpye, I must commend you on your effort and your promotion of the splitter.  I have followed your work for sometime.   I have not published any of mine because it is included in my patent application soon to be filed.   Once accepted and published it can be copied for personal use.   The reactor is totally different from what you and others are making but of course uses some of the same principles which of course are not patentable.         

Road tests have been the most affective way to do our tests and also on dynos. Using gas collection tests are useless as they prove nothing except how much gas has been produced, we are not interested in how much gas can be produced per minute, we are interested in how many litres per 100 Kms we can achieve in fuel economy. This is where the difference in gas can be important and the elimination of the oxygen is critical for our usage.
The separation allows us to eliminate the oxygen as we only use the hydrogen.

We do not introduce the oxygen into the engine at all, what ever oxygen is split from the water we disperse it back to the atmosphere, not into the fuel intake. To put the oxygen back with the fuel would defeat the purpose of splitting in the first place and also affect the computer as well.

The separator cell has been proven to work far better than hho with illegal electronics and full tests will be available soon. There are several independent bodies making their reports now and these will be announced once all are ready. Not only are the tested results better than hho, less current is required, lower temperatures are produced and also LESS GAS in NEEDED.

The tanks that we use for the gas collection and water feed to the cell has little impact from turning corners if any. No problems have been observed.
There is no way that the tanks can influence the computer at all, why could the tanks affect the computer?

As for membranes, we have tested dozens of different materials, some failed miserably, some worked but not for long, one has worked well and stood up to 50,000 km test, cell was stripped down and re-built using the same membranes.
We are still working with other ideas that have been tried successfully before in an earlier cell, but we had the wrong material for sealing. We now have a good sealing material and this added feature will be a part of coming cells to give an even better design.

Work and experiments continue.

myoldyourgold

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »

I suggest you have your gas analyzed by a gas/mass spectrometer.   You will be happy you did.

HHOPWR

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »

Why would you want to do that?

Most people are using hydroxy gas to give an improvement in their car economy, but this has some disadvantages.
Hydroxy gas is a perfect mixture of hydrogen and oxygen that makes water when ignited.
The car computer senses the extra oxygen in the exhaust and adjusts the fuel mixture to compensate, making the fuel now too rich.
To overcome this problem an EFIE is used to fool the computer by making the oxygen reading appear to be less.
This in most countries is illegal, and it also has a down side too, if the EFIE is not adjusted correctly or too much, damage can occur in the engine due to running too lean (not enough fuel)

To overcome all these problems I designed the separation cell.
This cell produces the hydrogen  and oxygen gases separately, and keeps them separate.
The oxygen we do not want, so we let it go back into the atmosphere.
The hydrogen now combines with more fuel and alters the carbon structure to give more power, burn quicker and completely, reducing the pollutants and giving a saving in fuel economy.
Because there is no extra oxygen introduced, there is no need for an illegal EFIE device, no risk of damage to the engine and less gas is required due to the being no oxygen to rob the hydrogen from the fuel mix.
We have found that the system can be run best at between 15-20 amps, so there is less strain put on the alternator to produce the needed electricity, and also less strain on the engine to run the alternator.  Some have even reported better results on less amperage.
Also we have found that a weak electrolyte is better to use as well, we use 1 teaspoon to 1 litre of water, this works very well with a titanium cathode plate and stainless steel anodes.

So there is a huge difference.
To start with hho is explosive while hydrogen burns.
HHO systems require an illegal EFIE to be fitted to fool the vehicle computer, due to the additional oxygen present. This is not only illegal, it can damage your engine due to running lean.
HHO systems require a flashback arrestor, many of them do not work well enough, hydrogen doesn't need that.
Hydrogen works better for emission control than HHO, our tests prove that.
Not as much hydrogen is needed compared to HHO, we have had very good results on the test vehicle (Mitsubishi Manga over 15 years old) in both fuel savings and emissions reductions.

Watch the videos on the website to see even more about the system we have, all the tests are there and all the results.
http://www.hho-research.com.au

It is posts like this that make want to turn my back on all this. Here is a direct quote from this post.

"Some of the hydrogen combines with the fuel that is being used and helps with the engine performance. That leaves some oxygen left, and this is what causes the problem."

This is so wrong that I can't even begain to fathom someone stating it. Yes I beleive that injecting straight Hydrogen may help with our O2 sensor issues. That is not because the Hydrogen combines with the fuel. It is because the Hydrogen will use Oxygen as it combusts leaving less Oxygen for the O2 sensor to detect. Combustion of Hydrogen will always use the EXACT same amount of Oxygen EVERY time. None of the Hydrogen will be left over. HHO ignited will make H2O every time. All the HHO will be gone and only H2O will be left. It does not matter where the O comes from. The same amount will be used every time.

Larry
myoldyourgold

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »

I thought this is a good spot to post this information to show it is not as easy as some make it out to be.  Here is someone who copied Bill Williams splitter system which is open source, and here is what he finally said:

Update: I gave up. I have done a large number of tests the past months. I know for sure my two cells produce enough hydrogen (0.8 to 1 lpm). The quality is also good, I did flame tests regularly.  The best results that I had where on the high way during the holiday's. 1 liter of gasoline 15 kilometers, with speeds from 120 to 140km per hour with heavy mountains also, 5 persons on board. I don't drive on the high way during my daily traveling to my work, so it is not very useful at all in my situation. Without using the system I have better results. Maybe the motor is cleaner because of all the hydrogen that is used. Anyway it is all very disappointing. Maybe I build the system in a future car which have real time computer control. In don't want to invest in any stuff any more for this car. I pull out the cells and use the hydrogen for another goal like heating, or do some tests with pure hydrogen and xenon light or some kind of combination with hydrogen and nickel powder (should be in the E-cat system).

Now maybe in the right hands this could have worked but it just goes to show that it is not like falling of a log even with a splitter. 

I believe his Opal was an OBD l and he blamed the failure on that, thinking an OBD 2 or 3 would work better.  What ever the case is it does take some doing with either a splitter or a regular HHO reactor to get some gains and is not just plug and play.  It takes a complete system properly tuned to get the gains both splitter or a HHO reactors. 

michaelclyde

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »

Could anyone explain me simply how can we seperate the oxygen and hydrogen with dry cell?
The mixture(ammonia), the two bubblers, the membrane?

With separating gaskets? Was hoping someone here could explain this to me a bit better.

Notice a lot of posted vdo links no longer work. Explanation of gasket comes from HERE

Can it really be that simple??
PDJ
Say NO to high fuel prices.....
Administrator

There is a lot you can do with Water!

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 06:53:03 PM »

Notice a lot of posted vdo links no longer work.

Hi Michael, I had a quick look through some of the Vids and they were all working.
Please let me know which ones are faulty and I will repair them.

Regards
Paul

The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity
Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.