Hydrogen, Fuel Catalyst and Alternative Fuel Forum
December 12, 2017, 01:09:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ..... If you find the information in this Forum useful, please consider giving a small donation to help us keep this site going .....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PWM auto no/off  (Read 9571 times)
Striplar

« on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:54 PM »

I posted something similar to this in the hazards section, and it concerns making sure that there is no power to the cell when the engine is not actually running. The simplest solution I've found is a product called PWM30A from HHO-PlusUK which you can see here on uk ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271219811126
This uses an extra pair of sensor wires on the battery terminals to detect when the alternator is charging the battery. It only provides power to the cell when the voltage rises above 13.8V
I think this is such a simple and clever idea. There is also an enable input that can be used with a float switch in the reservoir, a thermal switch or both.
This idea could be used to control a relay if you don't want to buy their controller. Obviously there needs to be some kind of hysteresis in the sensing circuit to prevent oscillation because the voltage is bound to fall when the cell starts drawing current.
I've attached their manual so you can see how this connects in practice.

* PWM30A_english_2013.pdf (1371.89 KB - downloaded 3174 times.)
Some_Biker

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 06:04:30 AM »

Sounds like a much better idea than having a manual switch. I know that I already sometimes forget to switch off the things that I have manually hooked up to my battery.
Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: