Hydrogen, Fuel Catalyst and Alternative Fuel Forum
November 17, 2017, 11:19:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: **** Latest 2017 estimates are that we have between 50 and 89 years of Fossil Fuels left based on present production - We have an obligation to humanity to explore all possible Fossil Fuel alternatives...... Do your bit for humanity and invite all your friends to this Forum.........

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Magnets  (Read 11225 times)
Andy

« on: February 17, 2009, 05:12:40 AM »

In your post you mention that magnetic fuel booster are not good. What do you mean? I was recommended this by a person I know.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:32:39 PM by PDJ » Logged
PDJ
Say NO to high fuel prices.....
Administrator

There is a lot you can do with Water!

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »

With all the research I have done on all the benefits of using magnets the results have all been the same - Testing showed no significant constant increase in economy. Many attributed the differences in their fuel use to changed driving conditions.

Ironically, as soon as someone implements a fuel saving system of any type, they automatically become aware of what driving habits they have that uses excess fuel and they change these

If there is anyone reading this post with controlled accredited testing conditions at set revs etc, I would be interested to see your results - Until then I will tentatively pigeonhole magnets as a scam.

What do others think?

The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity
Autowrench

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »

In your post you mention that magnetic fuel booster are not good. What do you mean? I was recommended this by a person I know.
Are you talking about Rare Earth Magnets on either side of the fuel line? I have been doing this for years, but haven't seen any real savings is mileage. They do ionize the fuel.
D.O.G.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 03:52:46 AM »

I've meant to ask about "fuel magnets" for a while now.

We've talked about the Ruskin conditioner before and there appears to be some benefit from this in regards to promoting para to ortho conversion in straight hydrogen, either liquid or gas.

What are your opinions about the effect of a Ruskin conditioner on the hydrogen component of petrol, diesel or LPG?

Given that the hydrogen is bonded to some of the other elements in the various hydrocarbon cocktails that pass for fuel, would it (in theory at least) be able to be manipulated in a similar fashion?

myoldyourgold

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:20:34 AM »

Pet, I am convinced that it will have an effect.  I think that the problem is that all the commercial magnets sold for doing this do not expose the fuel to the magnetic field long enough when compared with the strength of the field.  Some experiments with the Ruskin method proved this point to me.  Unless the magnets are supper powerful which makes them impossible to handle in a normal workshop, it takes a much longer exposure than just a fraction of a second passing by a small set of magnets.  On going experiments are being conducted to try and find out how strong and how long the fuel and HHO has to be exposed to get measurable and maximum gains.  Magnets are not the only force field that seems to work but that is a different and unproven one yet when it comes to fuel.   

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha
D.O.G.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 08:50:21 PM »

I've been reading about fuel magnets on a couple of sites recently.
There's a lot of contradictory advice and directions on the net that makes it hard to sort fiction from fact.

I came across this recently (click on the PDF download near the bottom),
http://www.ijmca.org/index.php/ojs/article/view/55

Does anyone have opinions (either way) on this?

I trialed magnets many years ago, but now think I had them installed wrong.
I'm going to try again and will let you know any results (positive or negative) after a few tanks (a month or more).

Pete.

D.O.G.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:01 PM »

First results from fuel magnet test.  Grin

I fitted six ferrite magnets on the fuel line (south pole facing the fuel flow) and six ferrite magnets on the air intake (north pole facing the air flow).
I used these because I already had them on hand, therefore zero cost for the purposes of this test. The magnet orientation I used was the most suggested on the web.

Three fills directly before this test - 2169 km, 122.81 l = 5.66 l/100km average.

Three fills of this test - 2425 km, 137.72 l = 5.68 l/100km average.

Result, no improvement.  Cry

I may try a different magnet orientation or rare earth magnets, but I'm not going to spend too much on this.  Roll Eyes

PDJ
Say NO to high fuel prices.....
Administrator

There is a lot you can do with Water!

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »

Good on you for giving it a go Pete, but I am not surprised with your results.

I originally investigated this in 2009 and did so again after reading your post.

Avid supporters of Magnets seem to funnily enough be able to sell them, but the vast majority of google responses say the same as what you report.

If it were that easy to "Ionize" hydrocarbon molecules and increase fuel economy by allowing them to combust at a lower temperature, every car would have them as standard.

Paul

The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity
D.O.G.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »

First results from fuel magnet test.  Grin

I fitted six ferrite magnets on the fuel line (south pole facing the fuel flow) and six ferrite magnets on the air intake (north pole facing the air flow).
I used these because I already had them on hand, therefore zero cost for the purposes of this test. The magnet orientation I used was the most suggested on the web.

Three fills directly before this test - 2169 km, 122.81 l = 5.66 l/100km average.

Three fills of this test - 2425 km, 137.72 l = 5.68 l/100km average.

Result, no improvement.  Cry

I may try a different magnet orientation or rare earth magnets, but I'm not going to spend too much on this.  Roll Eyes

Just to close this (in my mind at least), I tested really big rare earth magnets.

As before, three fills - 2118 km, 119.79 litres of ULP used = average of 5.66 l/100km.

Result, no improvement.

This wasn't a controlled test, just me driving to work (52 km each way, 600m elevation change), but 2000km is going to average out good days / bad days well enough to put this myth to rest. Wink

Pete

Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Please consider Donating a small amount through the links at the top and bottom of each page. This helps to pay for the Web Hosting so as to offer you the information in this Forum. RYFB was set up as a Community Worldwide Service to help reduce our dependency on Damaging Fossil Fuels and we receive NO funding from any other source other than the occasional Donation.